Teaching KYDZ and strengthening communities.
Healthy and Tasty Valentine’s Day Treats
When you’re a kid, February 14 is pretty much all about the Valentine’s Day cards and the candy. Knowing that your little one’s Valentine’s shoebox or bag will be filled with many sugary treats or salty snacks this year, why not also consider some healthier Valentine’s Day snack options? Sure, some candy is fine, as long as it’s not too much. KYDZ NATION is committed to helping your child grow up healthy and strong! Here are 10 simple ideas that will have your kids saying: “Yummy! These are really great treats!”
- Heart-Shaped Fruit Pops
Cut heart shapes out of melon, kiwi, pineapple, or any other firm fruits using a cookie cutter and put them on popsicle sticks.
- Strawberry or Raspberry Parfaits:
Fill a parfait cup with fresh berries and top with low-fat, low-sugar Cool Whip.
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Sundae Topped with Granola or Sliced Fruit
- Angel Food Cake with Berries
- Allergy-Free Rice Krispy Treats: They’re dairy, egg, nut, soy and gluten-free!
- Need a Vegan Snack?
Look for Vegan marshmallows at grocery or health food stores.
- How about some Savory Snacks? Cut up some cherry tomatoes to look like hearts and serve with a dip.
- Whole grain crackers with heart-shaped cheese slices are sure to be a big hit!
- Or crunch on Pita chips with roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomato hummus
- And finally, smoothies!
They’re perfect for kids with a little help from a big brother, sister or an adult. In your recipe, try some fresh berries, scoops of pink sherbet, sorbet, and ice.
KYDZ NATION knows a balanced diet is the key to a happy and healthy kid! Follow our blog for more tips on maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle routine for your growing little ones!